Do you have the heart for Jesus-centred, Kingdom-inspired communities-in-mission? Do you want to imagine and
explore new forms of Christian community, to help an existing congregation experiment with fresh expressions of church,
or to plant a new missional/worshiping community?
If so, this program is designed for you!
In the ever-changing world around us, church leaders must be able to analyze and adapt to an increasingly multicultural, secular and global context. To meet the needs of our day, the Missional Leadership Cohort seeks to help others join in God’s mission by offering affordable and non-residential training that enable leaders to study while remaining in the context of their current ministry.
This course is offered as a six-month training program that involves three, weekend immersions exploring The Call Of Missional Leaders, Introduction To The New Contextual
Church, The Mission Of God, Understanding Context & Discerning Need, Developing & Multiplying Disciples, and Engaging The Un-Churched & De-Churched. Those who complete the program will receive a Certificate in Missional Leadership from Fresh Expressions Canada.
Values That Shape Our Learning:
- Practical – Designed with practitioners in mind.
- Contextual – Helping you understand your ministry context better
- Flexible – Mixed methods of learning to suit a variety of learning styles
- Missional – Equipping leaders for mission & multiplication
2018/2019 Course Details
- Immersion 1: Explore (November 16-18)
Immersion 2: Integrate (January 18-20)
Immersion 3: Engage (April 26-28)
- Location: Creiff Hill Retreat Centre, 7098 Concession 1, Puslinch ON, N0B 2J0
- Accommodations & Meals: Overnight accommodations and meals for the 3 immersions are included. Participants are asked to arrive by 3:00pm on the first day of each immersion. Each immersion will finish on the Sunday by 10:00am. We recognize the needs of many to be at their church on a Sunday morning. To accommodate those needing to leave on Saturday night or early Sunday morning, all course content will happen on the Friday and Saturday of each immersion.
- Cost: $900 includes tuition materials, accommodations, and food for all 3 immersions. We encourage you to either ask your church to cover the costs, or use your further education funds (if applicable). Payment is due in advance of or at the beginning of the first immersion on November 16th.
“This course is exciting because every disciple of Jesus needs an opportunity to learn foundations for contextual ministry.” ~ Todd Townshend, Dean of Theology, Huron University College
“For me as a practitioner who is passionate about leading the people of God into the mission of God, this training opportunity could not come soon enough. If you’re asking the questions: what do we do now – then look no further…” ~ Rev. Dr. Neil Mancor, RD, Anglican Parish of St George, Ste Anne-de-Bellevue QC
“Churches today are in urgent need of mission-hearted and mission-equipped leaders. This course fills an important gap in mission training for today’s social and cultural context.” ~ The Rev Chris Barrigar, PhD
“The church today needs to cultivate a missional imagination in its leaders, through education and practical experimentation. This one-year program of Fresh Expressions will provide a great forum for just that kind of cultivation and formation.” ~ Rev. Dr. Roland J. De Vries, Director of Pastoral Studies, The Presbyterian College Montreal