Do you have the heart for Jesus-centred, Kingdom-inspired communities-in-mission? Do you want to imagine and
explore new forms of Christian community, to help an existing congregation experiment with fresh expressions of church,
or to plant a new missional/worshiping community?
If so, this program is designed for you!
In the ever-changing world around us, church leaders must be able to analyze and adapt to an increasingly multicultural, secular and global context. To meet the needs of our day, the Missional Leadership Cohort seeks to help others join in God’s mission by offering affordable and non-residential training that enable leaders to study while remaining in the context of their current ministry.
This course is offered as a one-year training program that involves three, two-day immersions, with six modules in the areas of exploring the call of missional leaders, introduction to new contextual church, the mission of God, understanding context, developing & multiplying disciples and engaging the world. Those who complete the program will receive a Certificate in Missional Leadership. There is also a
possibility of transferring credits into a master’s degree program.
Values That Shape Our Learning:
- Practical- Designed with practitioners in mind
- Contextual- Helping you understand your ministry context
- Flexible- Mixed methods of learning in your setting
- Missional- Equipping leaders for mission & multiplication
2017 Course Details
- Immersion 1: Explore (November 10-11)
Immersion 2: Integrate (February 16-17)
Immersion 3: Engage (April 13-14)
- Location: The Presbyterian College, 3495 University Street, Montreal QC, H3A 2A8.
The course is designed as an in-person experience and we recommend all participants attend in person.
If you are unable to attend in person, we will be offering the course as a live online webinar at a discounted rate of $400.
- Accommodations: Overnight accommodation is not included. We would encourage you to either book your own accommodation in Montreal, or get in touch with us and we will try our best to find you a billet.
- Cost: In person – $900 (includes tuition materials and food). Webinar only – $400 (includes tuition materials). We will be accepting credit cards and cheques at the beginning of all three of our immersions. We encourage you to either ask your church to cover the costs, or use your further education funds if applicable. It is our prayer that no-one would be excluded because of lack of funds. So we would ask you to prayerfully consider making a donation in addition to the tuition cost, to bless others who may not be able to afford this amount.
“This course is exciting because every disciple of Jesus needs an opportunity to learn foundations for contextual ministry.” ~ Todd Townshend, Dean of Theology, Huron University College
“An exciting opportunity for extreme learners to rethink how we might inhabit a new missional landscape.” ~ Mark Dunwoody, Diocesan Missioner, Anglican Diocese of Montreal
“For me as a practitioner who is passionate about leading the people of God into the mission of God, this training opportunity could not come soon enough. If you’re asking the questions: what do we do now – then look no further…” ~ Rev. Dr. Neil Mancor, RD, Anglican Parish of St George, Ste Anne-de-Bellevue QC
“Churches today are in urgent need of mission-hearted and mission-equipped leaders. This course fills an important gap in mission training for today’s social and cultural context.” ~ The Rev Chris Barrigar, PhD
“The church today needs to cultivate a missional imagination in its leaders, through education and practical experimentation. This one-year program of Fresh Expressions will provide a great forum for just that kind of cultivation and formation.” ~ Rev. Dr. Roland J. De Vries, Director of Pastoral Studies, The Presbyterian College Montreal