Put simply a fresh expression of church should strive to reach those who might never participate in traditional church. A fresh expressions church planter starts by listening to the needs of ones’ community. This listening process is initiated by intentionally entering the worlds of those the church planter seeks to draw closer to the love of Christ.
There is widespread as the organizational methodology of a fresh expression:
- There should be time of ‘missional listening’ to God and the people you are called to serve.
- Find a way to love and serve the people around you. These people most likely share a common interest with you.
- Build a community with people by gathering together around a shared experience.
- Offer opportunities for people to engage in questions about Jesus that are contextual to their everyday needs, wants and experiences.
- Allow a church, community or congregation take place around those who are growing in their faith.
- Encourage new believers to repeat the process by allowing themselves to be sent out.